Thursday, August 5, 1999

0065

After some early morning garden work, and experimenting some more with the rigged up pump, I start mowing the grass. First the grassy driveway, then the area behind the sheds, when it starts to rain, forcing me to quit (twist my arm, Lord, to make me stop mowing!), and come back inside around 3:30. Early supper, then struggle with the bathtub drain, and actually get it all connected this time with no leaks.

A break in the rain lets me go pick a few peas, which I have with some new potatoes for a late meal. Then carry some sun-warmed rain water up to the tub, and take a real sit-down bath. And at a flip of the lever, the water runs out and down to the drain field. With no leaks. More progress!

More thunder and rain after dark. Is it just me, or is this an especially rainy summer?

No comments: