Saturday, July 17, 1999

0051

The feast continues. I pick another batch of peas, a couple small heads of broccoli, and about 2 quarts of green beans, sooner than I had anticipated for the beans. I take some dry peas (missed picking when first ripe), and plant them for a second pea patch. I process most of the pickings for my winter larder, and still enjoy a bountiful supper.

I get the mail, which include letters from both Jean and Phyllis. Mom & Dad will be coming with Phyllis & Ray for the Labor Day weekend. My first guests! I'll especially enjoy showing my place to Dad, that old farmer. He can probably tell me all about those horse-drawn implements out on the knoll. Maybe these folks will even want to spend their nights here, so I'd better get to work on that plumbing soon.

No comments: