Monday, October 25, 1999

0097

Chilly nights, warm days - close to 60° today.

I muscle the outhouse across to a spot behind the garage, and fill in the hole. It has been unused for so long, there's no odor. Patch it up a little; maybe I can store things in there.

Spend the afternoon digging around the perimeter of the chicken coop. Clearing stuff out, I find an old, dried-up skunk carcass inside; apparently, this was the skunk's home. I'd rather house a few hens instead.

This will be a bigger challenge to move. 8' x 16', and the inside walls are plastered (!), so there will be some weight to deal with. I won't be able to muscle it, but maybe with a little help from my truck (what was I saying about good vs. bad technology?)... anyway, I'm willing to give it a try.

Speaking of the truck, it seems to be in running condition now. I'll want to use it on the road as well as for moving small buildings, so I put the title and plate applications in the mail.

No comments: