Wednesday, October 6, 1999

0092

Right away this morning I turn to the tomatoes brought indoors - cut & cooked all the ripe ones, yielding 10 quarts of juice. Then a quick trip into town, stopping at church where the parish nurse is on duty today. She looks at my red, itchy arms and tells me that, whatever I have, it's not scabies, or anything like that. Well, I'm glad to learn that much - no apparent connection, then, to my constant grubbing in the earth. May just have to let this run its course.

More errands, phone calls, etc., and a stop at Lenore's for a burger, and to help winterize her place a bit.

Back home, I find 9 of the 10 quarts have sealed. I spend the evening installing an inexpensive ceiling fan to circulate the warm air in my main room. (My bed, stove, and desk are all in this 'dining room'; most of this big house stills contains little else but boxes, tools, and construction material.)

No comments: