Sunday, April 2, 2000

0131

Cloudy, mild, as I bike to church. Arriving back home, Lenore is already here with Lincoln. Soon Sandy drives up as well, bringing some treasures sent up from Jack. Give them all a tour of my little homestead, share a simple meal of soup and fixings, when Larry & Linda unexpectedly drive up, too! Six of us in my little kitchen, talking of Catholic and counter-cultural things... a delightful way to spend the Lord's day.

A reminder of Paul's vision of the Church: a body with many members, each one fulfilling a specific function, all working together and appreciating one another's gifts and unique contributions. Not everyone can do what Lincoln is doing. Not everyone should. Not everyone can do what Jerry is doing. I think of my angst of a few days ago. Be content.

No comments: