Monday, December 20, 1999

0112

Turned cold last night, and windy, with a little snowfall as well.

I want the window I just bought to go in the south wall of the southwest room upstairs, so I go to work removing sheetrock from that wall. Tear into the kitchen wall below as well, in preparation for replacing the old decrepit door there with a window.

In between the morning fire and this evening's fire, I remember last night's stove pipe incident, so I tie the stove pipe back with some wire, so it can't come loose again.

Now, too late, I'm thinking this may not be the best day to expose uninsulated walls, as the wind continues to blow colder and colder. It hits 0° by early evening, and will likely hit 20° below or colder tonight, I'm guessing. Well, this will be the best test so far as to how well I can winter out here in this house.

Just in case the basement drops below freezing tonight, I bring all the potatoes and beets upstairs, and scatter the pumpkins around, too.

No comments: