Friday, December 17, 1999

0110

Guess I spoke too soon - it got very cold again last night, and I woke in the wee hours, forced to feed the fire.

I rise with a good energy level, and forge ahead with the door project, cutting an opening through siding and studs, then framing the door opening, and hanging the door. Today is still very cold, but so sunny and calm, that I'm comfortable working with a big hole in the wall - I even have to remove my cap & jacket for awhile, the sun feels so warm. But the sun's winter path is brief, and it turns quite cold again by the time I get everything closed up and light the fire.

Eating my supper, I notice that ice has formed in the kitchen water bucket. Well, thank God for wood, and a good stove.

I write a Christmas card to Mom tonight.

No comments: