Saturday, March 4, 2000

0126

The ground is thawed on top, so I decide to try moving that chicken coop. Come-along, chain, bars, both vehicles as anchors... I succeed in moving the whole thing 3-4 feet to the north. At that rate, it will take a week to move it 20 feet! Well, I think now that it's broken loose and I have a method for doing it, a couple more days should suffice. Am removing the old rotten floor boards a few at a time, otherwise do not seem to be harming the structure.

Tooth still bothering me. Guess I should arrange to have it yanked out sometime - need to make a trip to town soon, anyway.

Warm & sunny this afternoon - into 50's maybe close to 60° - so I set the canner full of water out on the back steps, and the sun beating on the black enamel actually tempers the water quite nicely. I still make a small fire this evening (first since Wednesday) to heat the water further for my bath, and to warm my soup.

No comments: